Sprikania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard is the journey for which YOU must begin, Soft is the key found within.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A life lived alone (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seth

Seth

A life lived alone (open) Empty
PostSubject: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:58 am

Years have passed since he heard a voice. The last time he saw a face was too long for him to remember. The only thing he had left that told him he had a home that he was welcome to return to was the sword he carried with him. Often he would make small ventures into the city he grew up in but due to his changes no one recognised the young lad. He had found out the princess and only friend had grown up thinking he is dead along with the rest of the nation. He sat here on a rock sighing as he looked at a small picture of his family back before he fell unconsious and lost everything that he held close. Footsteps could be heard coming from the Tundra's mouth. Seth just got up and swam to the back of the cave he called home. He knew enough that he needed to remain hidden.

OOC: is in merman form so

30 mp total, used 10 mp, 20 mp left

Last edited by Seth on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:53 am

The water was cool.. unusually cool to Tirena's skin as she swam onwards, the water growing slightly darker and slightly heavier as she pressed forward. She had no particular destination, just a magnet in her core drawing her to certain places and different directions. She swam with her eyes closed today, just feeling the water around her exposed skin and as it dragged back her hair. Tirena didn't have to worry about running into anything, not only did she have a good sense of what was around her, she also knew that there would be nothing. It was far too cool to host any sort of plant life or much sea creature life.

Such features could only mean one place in the Water Nation. The Oceanic Tundra. Tirena had never actually been there before, it was widely thought to be abandoned and there was a universal haunting about it. No one ever went there for any reason at all. Some said that people even lived there still, or a person, for voices were heard in the quietest of moments.

Tirena peaked open a single, dark blue eye and her breath caught in her throat. She was closer to the mass of white than she thought. Her mind told her to slow and stop, but the magnet inside her kept drawing her near. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest as her mind raced over all the stories she'd heard. Was this excitement or fear? Or perhaps a mixutre of both?

Either way, Tirena continued forward, the tips of her fingers running gently over the white ice. She moved slowly now, taking in every detail about the place. Tirena pursed her lips, opening them slightly and whistling low and smoothly, she was tempted to call out. Suddenly though, it felt as if she was tresspassing and her body grew tense.

---

20 MP remaining.
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:13 am

*The presence he felt was familar to him. It felt like a person he had known before. Instincts told him to stay hidden but excitement told him to greet the person. Seth knew that whoever it was wouldnt recognise him. Seth swam out a little ways and the presence started to grow inside the cave. Seth traveled slowly and quietly until he caught a glimpse of his visitors face. It was the face of the one he never thought hed see again. It was that of the beautiful princess. he knew it important for her to not know him so Seth took a deep breath and swam out to her*

What are you doing here? You arent to be here. Travel back young spriken this place is too dangerous for someone like you.

Last edited by Seth on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Tirena's low whistle turned into a quiet hum, a beautiful tune from her childhood, as she drifted silently around a bend in the ice. There were intricate markings carved upon them, be naturally or manmade, they were still beautiful. Tirena spun around in a slow circle, everything around her held a certain lost elegance along with the beauty of obvious danger. Like the place had been crudely looked over, which it had, and hidden in a crevice of time. Tirena's breath caught in her throat at all the white glory and slowly her hands rose and folded at her chest. The thing about this place was that no one else ever looked, never saw past the fear of the Tundra.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice behind her. There was a quick intake of breath and Tirena spun around quickly, vibrant blue strands of hair lingering in front of her eyes. Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest again as she took in the sight of a merman. Tirena's eyebrows drew together in deep thought, ignoring his words the first time, "...Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:26 pm

What are you doing in the Tundra? You dont belong here you could be in grave danger. Leave now.

*Seth replied looking into her eyes. She had grown so much. A tear fell from his eye but he hid it quickly by swimming out of the tundra. He stopped at the tundras mouth and looked back at Tirena. She was truly a beautiful young spriken. Time had changed her from young kid to beautiful young lady. He began to wonder if he had changed so much as well*
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:50 am

"Danger?" Tirena's eyes moved about the white masses surrounding the pair. As far as she was concerned, the only potential for danger was the man before her, yet for some strange reason, she felt that he would not harm her for being here. In fact, Tirena guessed he was the only living being around here. Her eyes narrowed, why would he live in such seclusion? Before she spoke more questions, Tirena thought about his first one to her. Why was she here?

"I..I don't know. I was just swimming and-" she cut herself off. "I do not care what danger I could be in, I am not leaving yet.."

The man quickly swam away and Tirena moved quickly after him. When she stopped, she crossed her arms over her stomach. There was mixture of concern, curiosity and patience on her face. Her locks of hair floated gracefully around her head in a silvery blue cloud. She tried once more, her voice careful and coaxing this time, "What is your name? I'm Tirena." Perhaps if she gave a bit of herself out, she'd be lucky enough to receive some in return?
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:32 pm

*Seth looked at her smiling kindly but quickly changing it to that of a stern one*

look at you the princess of the water nation comes into unknown territory and willingly gives out her name. You dont knowme at all for all you know I could kill you. Leave this place now before your parents worry. They already lost one child from that nation they dont need to lose another, especially one as important as the princess. Now go.

*With that he turned and entered the tundra. His eyes closed as he felt sad that he had to turn his own friend away. He was thankful that she did not recognise him*

Last edited by Seth on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Tirena sighed as she closed her eyes, growing slightly annoyed. Why was this man being so difficult? If he posed a threat to her, at all, he'd have already made that clear and done something. And this man had yet to do anything. A small sound escaped her throat and Tirena opened her eyes quickly. Who was he to tell her to where to be anyways? She was next in line to rule the Nation, and that included the Oceanic Tundra. Though deserted, the Tundra was still part of the lands.

"Who do you think you are?" Tirena narrowed her eyes slightly and laughed once, "and you wouldn't actually kill me, would you? Not only would you fail, but you could have a high price on your head if you attempt to lay one harmful finger on me."

Persistent as she was, Tirena followed the unknown man into the Tundra. Something about him irked her. Was he really a threat? No, there was something about him. Something she couldn't place and she was intent on finding out, no matter what he said.

"At least give me your name..."
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:03 pm

*Seth turned and faced Tirena. He laughed a bit and shook his head*

You always were persistant. Look if I tell you my name will you finally leave this place? I dont want the only heir to be hurt and being here will most assuredly do that. Trust me I know from experience.

Last edited by Seth on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Tirena crossed her arms over her chest. Impatiently she nodded her yes, a name and she'd be gone. Maybe..

"Yes, just tell me your name. And your real name, please."

Thoughts of frustration and his stuborness ran through her brain. But as she was reviewing his words, something made her stop rather suddenly. Her eyes froze on him and studied him sharply. Her arms grew tighter and her shoulders more tense. In her chest, Tirena's heart began to beat wildly.

"Always were...? Do I know you?" Tirena narrowed her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:51 pm

No you dont know me. But everyone knows you this shoudltn be a shock Tirena. you were young when I last saw you no doubt you wont rememebr me anyway. Im Seth. Now listen dont mention my name in your beloved city. You will be called crazy if you do. Now you gave me your word nyou know my name now begone from this place and speak no more of me.

*Seth replied looking at Tirena with soft eyes. his eyes spoke of memories he recalled with his friend and his disappearence when she was so young. he sighed then turned away from her and ventured farther into the tundra*

Last edited by Seth on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:45 am

"Seth! You speak so personally, yet you do not know me nor-..." Tirena suddenly stopped her rant. A sickly pale contour took hold of her face as it fell into a mixture of horror and indecision. What was wrong with her? Why couldn't she suddenly move? All anger, frustration and impatience stopped at once, leaving nothing in it's place. Her dark blue eyes blinked wildly as she gathered her bearings as quickly as possible. What just happened? It was as if she'd been smacked in the face. "Seth..." the name tasted funny in her mouth. But it was right and...familiar. Sure, he said they'd meet when she was younger, but why couldn't she remember him? She knew the many people in her nation, but why couldn't she remember him? She swallowed hard and began to drift backwards in the water, as if getting ready to leave.

But she couldn't leave now. Not with this strange, unknown feeling in her. Though she'd given her word...

In a moment, something in Tirena snapped back into place and she rushed forward again. All previous emotion on her face had been wiped away and replaced with simple, joyous curiosity, "So...How come you live here, Seth? All by yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 pm

*Seth turned and faced Tirena again. He sighed and shook his head*

Havent you heard the stories? The scary ghost that haunts the Oceanic Tundra? I live here alone because I cant go anywhere else. Now please just go Tirena seeing you again makes me happy and seeing how you have grown into such a beautiful young girl is special to me but its time you left. I wont answer any more questions just please leave.
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Tirena rolled her eyes and flicked her hand in the air, as if brushing away the mention of the ghost stores. Sure, she's heard them, but hearing a story is a lot different than seeing the truth. And if the truth was that Seth was the ghost then so be it. She wasn't afraid. Tirena shook her head, "Why wouldn't you be able to leave here? Certainly it cannot be because you feel unwelcome in my nation? Because you do know you are...right?"

The girl tilted her head to the side, "And if not that...then why?"
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:20 pm

No doubt I would be welcomed there Tirena but I dont belong there any longer. I cant return because my return will bring danger back to your nation. I live and stay here.

*Seth replied looking at her and then taking a seat onto a rock beside him*

Why are you still here? Tirena you persistant child, you need to go back to the kingdom. There is nothing here for you.
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:21 pm

"Danger..." Tirena whispered, her eyes narrowing only slightly at the rock beneath her fin. Her lips formed a thin line upon her face, a contemplative look etched into her features. Why would he bring danger to the nation? Tirena's dark blue eyes drifted up to Seth's figure. There definitely was something about the man before her that struck her, but what was it? And why was she having such a hard time remembering...

Tirena shook her head slightly, bringing herself back to the present and the question Seth had asked her.

"Well..." Tirena thought for a moment, she didn't know why she was here, but she was, "you're here. As far as I know, you aren't 'nothing'," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 pm

*Seth looked down and smirked*

I might as well be.

*He got up and swam towards a picture of him holding hands with Tirena as a young child in front of the palace. He smiled and then placed the picture down on the table. He turned subtly and faced the mouth of the cave. He brought his hand out wuickly and a bright light formed at his hand and the shot out becoming a sword as his eyes stayed focused on the door*
Back to top Go down
Tirena

Tirena

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:17 pm

As soon as Seth spoke, Tirena started shaking her head and began talking quickly, disagreeing with him immediately. For some reason, she felt frustration and a strong disbelief because she knew he knew better than that. "Trust me, Seth, I know you're not 'nothing'. I mean come on, you're-," Tirena stopped talking as soon as her eyes settled on the small picture Seth had been staring at just a moment ago.

She froze in her spot, her mouth hanging slightly ajar and her hand slowly moving towards the picture. No way in the world...

Tirena's heart started beating wildly in her chest and she quickly snatched up the frame and swam towards Seth, ignoring the blade in his hand and got close to his face, staring intently into his eyes. "...You're him..."

Needless to say, Tirena was speechless. How could she not have seen before? His eyes, everything...How could she not have felt him...She dropped her eyes and drifted backwards a short distance, "I can't believe I didn't...," she lifted her eyes back up to his, "you're alive..!"
Back to top Go down
Seth

Seth

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 pm

*Seth faced Tirena and smiled. He then focused back on the doorway and quickly pushed her out of the way as he slashed his blade towards a man dressed all in black. His eyes solid red and he ahd the appearance of a demon. It hissed as it talked*

Sssssstep assssside boy the girl issss mine.

Not on your life!

*with that Seth slashed down at the demonic man and cut him. The demon bled black blood and screamed in pain. It swam off yelling that hed return to capture Tirena. Seth shook his head as he knew from experience that the demon would never return. He turned back to Tirena and looked at her*

Are you ok?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A life lived alone (open)   A life lived alone (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A life lived alone (open)
Page 1 of 1